Day 1 – Arrival day
Meeting at the airport, transfer and accommodation in the hotel. P>
Day 2 p>
– Sightseeing tour around Tbilisi
– We begin the excursion in the square in front of the Avlabar metro station, visit the Holy Trinity Church, the Metekhi Church and the bridge, then the famous sulfur baths area, Narikala Fortress – the cable car, walk along Shardeni Street with many souvenir shops; Visiting the main places of interest in the city: the Cathedral of Sioni and the Anchiskhati basilica; Through Freedom Square walk along Rustaveli, the main avenue of Tbilisi.
– EASTERN GEORGIA – KAKHETIA, wine country
– A trip to Telavi city on the way to the A.Chavchavadze house museum in Tsinandali.
At will: inspection of the estate of the princes Chavchavadze with wine cellars (1886), a luxurious park with a chapel, in which Alexander Griboyedov and Princess Nina Chavchavadze were married.
Visit to the cathedral of Alaverdi, Nekresi Monastery
Return to Tbilisi via the Gombori Pass.
Day 4 p>
– TBILISI – KAZBAGES
The Great Caucasus awaits you and a trip to highland Georgia. Our way will be to the north, along the Georgian Military Road , to the border with Russia. Throughout the route you will be surrounded by a magnificent mountain landscape
The first bright shots you will make on the shore Zhinvalsky reservoir . A huge water area stretches among the forested mountains at the confluence of two rivers – Belaya Aragvi and Chernaya Aragvi. This is a mountain reservoir with water, unusually turquoise, near the village of Zhinvali. P>
Eight kilometers from the dam is the Ananuri castle. The waters of Aragvi come to the very walls of this magnificent monument of the 17th century. The fortress walls are strengthened by two large and several small towers, from which a wonderful view opens.
As we climb the Cross Pass , we will pass the famous ski resort Gudauri . Along the serpentine serpentine to the highest point, the cross pass Ancient stone cross, set at an altitude of 2395 m in 1824, is equipped with an observation deck, from which it is convenient to photograph the Aragvi gorge and the beautiful panorama of the Greater Caucasus.
To the left of the road there is a calcareous agglomerate – a frozen stone waterfall with white-red divorces, and to the right – a mineral spring, where you can collect carbonated water with you. P>
This mineral spring flows from the top of the mountain, and over the centuries formed a thick layer of colored lime. From the side it seems that the mountain slope is painted in a bright orange color. From here begins the descent from the pass to the famous Daryal Gorge, which in ancient times was called the Gates of the Caucasus.
In the Kobi Basin the highway will connect to the Terek River. We will travel along its coast and arrive at the town of Stepantsminda , which in 1921-2007 was called Kazbegi.
One of the symbols of Georgia, built in the XIV century, the Church of the Holy Trinity, strikes the imagination and its harsh charm, and the wild beauty of this place.
Gerget Church of the Holy Trinity (Tsminda Sameba). This temple became the visiting card of the Kazbegi region. The Trinity Church of the 12th-14th century, towering on a hill in the village of Gergeti, at the level of 2170 m, at the foot of Mount Kazbek – the very mountain of ancient Greek myths where the gods chained Prometheus for the abduction of fire for people. Its top whitens at an altitude of 5 034 meters, and there never melts snow. This mountain is covered with a lot of old legends and legends.
Return to Tbilisi.
– MCTAC and GORI
– Visiting the Jvari temple (“cross”) – Georgian Monastery and the 7th century temple (between 586/7 and 604/5 yy.) Located on top of the mountain at the confluence of Hens and Aragvi near Mtskheta – where, according to historical sources, T Holy Equal of the Apostles Nina . Jvari – one of the masterpieces of architecture for the perfection of architectural forms and the first monument in Georgia World Heritage .
Excursion temple Svetitskhoveli – the first and main temple in Georgia, whose name is traditionally translated as “life-giving pillar”. The temple in its present form exists from 1010 onwards. In this place the chiton of Jesus Christ was buried in the ground
Next, visit the cave town Uplistsikhe and the Stalin House-Museum in Gori.
Return to Tbilisi.
Day 6 p>
– TBILISI – KUTAISI
– Departure from the hotel to Tbilisi and departure to the second largest city of Kutaisi in Georgia, visiting the Bagrati temple, the historical-architectural complex of Gelati and the monastery of Motsameta. Accommodation and dinner in the hotel of the city of Kutaisi. P>
Day 7 p>
– OKACEC CANYON
– A trip to the natural monument of Okaca Canyon in the village of Gordi, which lies in the depths of a narrow gorge near the Okace River. There are several waterfalls along the canyon. Returning to Tbilisi p>
Day 8 – Check out
Departure from the hotel and transfer to the airport. P>
- transfer from the airport to the airport
- car Mercedes-Benz
- all guided tours
- free Wi-Fi